Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PILTHL: The Begining

Well, feeling better I suppose, still some minor symptoms of sickness, but mostly over it by now... In my first post, I mentioned I would have a People I Love to Hate List, and usually I'll be posting on Mondays, but because I was massively sick, I posted on Monday and plum forgot, and yesterday I was busy at work and still not feeling great so thats what happened there. But without further ado, I commense with my first 3 people I love to hate (mondays I'll be posting only one).
--------------
People I Love to Hate Victims of the Week:

Calista Flockhart

I've seen a few different shows with this seriously flat-chested actress and I have to say that every show she is in, she is absolutely the worst character and actor on the screen. My wife loves Ally McBeal and Brothers and Sisters, both shows where Flockhart plays prominent roles. Neither show she is any good. Ally McBeal is literally named after her character, and all she is in it is a whiny, complaining, selfish egotistical moron who becomes a lawyer just cus her boyfriend becomes one. Seriously? But, to be fair, I figured, maybe its just the writing, maybe her character is supposed to be like that, and she's acting pretty well. I THOUGHT WRONG. After seeing her in Brothers and Sisters, she is THE. EXACT. SAME. WAY. Her character is different, the writers weren't on Ally McBeal, and frankly if you listen to her lines, you notice that they really aren't selfish or ridiculous, but somehow Mrs. Han Solo really makes the characters she plays more lothsome. How she is able to get jobs in Hollywood is beyond me. Oh wait, thats right, she barely gets jobs, I forgot. Consider yourself listed Ms.McBeal.

Next up is the famous Manning Family (Peyton and Eli) of American football fame.

Why do I have such a distaste for football's number 1 family? Because they're stupid, overhyped daddy's boys who can't take a hit and blame everyone else when they fail. Take Peyton Manning: after every playoff loss (and after their most recent to the New York Jets, they're starting to pile up) he blames everyone but himself. Listen to his press conferences, and you can see what I mean. If he throws an interception he'll blame to offensive line and his recievers. If the team loses, he blames the defense. But, honestly, at least he has some serious talent, there is no denying that whatsoever. The guy is one of the best QBs I've ever seen. THEN THERE IS ELI MANNING. Medoicre at Ole Miss, drafting high at the NFL Draft, but it was mostly because people felt he had similar mechanics to his brother. (which i suppose he does). But here's what gets me: He doesnt want to play for the Chargers, so he gets his dad (former quarterback Archie Manning, to somehow get him moved to the Giants.) How many other players do you know of that have that luxury? Pretty sure not many. How about you suck it up and play for the team? Plus, if you look at the guy, you can tell he really is an idiot. Nowhere near as talented as his brother, and everyone knows it but isn't willing to say it. I am. You're both listed.

Last but not least on my People I Love to Hate List is Sarah Palin 

This one should be pretty obvious, so I'm not going to go into a lot of detail. Its the Tea Party, its her dumb expressions that low IQed individuals think are quaint, its the whole idea of her being able to be vice president, let alone president. Most of you know what I'm talking about, so I won't go much further. I'm very worried about where the Tea Party goes from here, but I do know that they're gaining momentum, which is a very scary proposition for the US. I've already told Priyam, if a tea party leader ever becomes prez or vice-prez, we are moving out of the country. Period.

------------

Thats all for my first three People I Love to Hate entries, off to work, freezing weather (its like 9 degrees F) here, but gotta work, what can I do.

1 comment: