Monday, January 31, 2011

Do you want to stay at.....HOJO?


So, today is my first day of work at my new position, which marketing wise calls it self HoJo, or Howard Johnson as their Regional Marketing Manager for the Singhs, a pair of Punjabi business men who own 4 hotels, a sub shop, and a chain of Santa Fe liquior stores. From what I can gather from the few hours I've been here so far, they're kinda stingy with marketing money, or much money for that matter, when it comes to the hotel side, so I've already figured out the idea is to plug along as long as I can getting business for the hotel, and hopefully they'll give me marketing reign over their entire operation, where they are more willing to spend money then before.

The hotel industry is doing relatively poorly for a while now, so I suppose to makes sense about little marketing budget for a hotel. And it is relatively interesting that they have hired a marketing guy, considering their marketing investment thus far, but maybe they're realizing the error of their ways. Whatever the reason, its a decent salary and decent hours, so there isnt too much to complain about.

Today has been pretty straight forward, meeting the front desk associates, Jai and Vangey, and the support staff, learning how their operation works, etc. Pretty straight forward stuff. The only thing holding me back is this blasted flu-symptom crap that keeps coming back. Its pissing me off, cus I have a bunch of energy, then it slowly drains out, then I have a bunch more energy, which drains out again, its REALLY not cool.

Hopefully it'll go away soon, cus I don't want to be sick my whole first week. That is all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment