Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hoo Haa India, Ayaa India!

So just got back home a little while ago from work and dinner. My wifey and I went to Ling's Buffet, a new chinese buffet place near Priyam's work on Montgomery Blvd. It was really interesting, you could really tell that the owners put quite a bit of money into the decoir of the place and the food was quite good as well, with the Thai BBQ being a major highlight.

Since then, my wonderful better half has been gearing up for the Cricket World Cup. I know what you Yanks must be thinking: CRICKET? WHATS THAT? Haha, I know, I know. Thats what I thought too, and I lived in Switzerland where I was subjecting to all sorts of new sports but the British contigent at my school. (Who knew people could get so riled up about professional darts, but thats a story for a different post) But, the more I watched with the wifetopher, the more I actually got into it, now its a pretty nice passtime. She's a huge fan of Sachin, considered the "God of Cricket", and he's a real talent, for those who don't know of cricket or don't like it, you HAVE to see this guy. He makes cricket fun for even non-cricket fans. As the World Cup is approaching, we'll be watching all the India matches. What makes me love my wife more is her crazy devotion to the match (Rules include: no talking, no getting up from watching, no nonsense, and you must root for India) I've learned some of these rules the hard way let me tell you. But its very enjoyable, and if you can, I would strongly advice taking a look at Sachin play cricket, whether its on TV or Youtube or what have you.

Thats all for now, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of posts as the world cup gets underway this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You're the best non-Indian husband I could've ever asked for.

    PS: Sachin rawks.

    ReplyDelete