Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crazy, but thats how it goes....

Wow, I haven't posted since Sunday! Well, I suppose I'll have to make a big post to make up for the last two days then! First, the Super Bowl was great. Good food, good game (way to go Packers), and (best of all) my wife actually enjoyed american football. She's Indian of course, so american football isnt exactly something that she puts much effort into liking. However, I explained the rules and she kinda enjoyed it I think, so major steps there!

Yesterday I didn't post because I went to Santa Fe for the first time since we've been here, for work, and it was ok. I'm more excited to go with Sachinky in the next two weeks or so for more a holiday type trip. Going there for work certainly isn't relaxing and enjoying the sites.


Meanwhile, whenever I have time, before or after work, lunchtime etc I try to watch some Dexter: Season 4. I started watching the show a while ago, but with my computer out of comission for months, I couldn't really download the latest seasons, so I've been playing catch up. I have to give John Lithgow props for his role as the Trinity Killer, he's absolutely awesome in the part. I think thats one thing I like about the show: the casting. Each role is pretty well developed and each actor really fits their character. My only problem I guess is the family aspect to the show. Sometimes the storyline seems a bit...lacking. I figure they need some new ideas for the story, and it makes Dexter more frazzled which leads to more drama, but adding the kids just makes the show more annoying for me. Hopefully season 5 will improve in that regard...

Meanwhile, I'm behind on my PEOPLE I LOVE TO HATE segment, so without further ado:
-----
This week's PERSON I LOVE TO HATE is: Immigration Reform advocates

Sure its not one particular person, but my wife came here the hard, long way and it took forever. But guess what? She is a legal immigrant with a green card and everything. But you know what? Based on these jokers, my wife could have flown into Mexico City and we could have paid someone to sneak her across the border and she would have been here a long time ago! I could go on and on about these people, but I'd rather not, because blogspot would shut me down probably for improper posting.

-----
As a side note, I've been a relatively loyal reader of a professional comic book artist named Jeff, who writes daily on his blog, http://www.heromachine.com/, about everything from stupid superhero outfits in the 60s to who his readers think the best non-superhero powered superhero is (Batman clearly). However, on the site, he's also created an online superhero application where you can create your very own superhero. He has contests such as "Create your very own henchman character" and the winner gets some small prize like he'll draw a sketch of whatever you want etc. Well, recently, I entered one of the contests for the first time, and although I didn't win the Heromachine Henchman Character Contest, I actually got an honorable mention! Click on the link in the previous sentence to go directly the blog post with my pic, its the entry submitted by Mr.Chris (thats me!)



No comments:

Post a Comment