Monday, February 14, 2011

Never Say Never? Psh

So, today, there are a few things I would like to rant on:

First, I was getting ready to go to work today and of course, it being Valentines Day, there were VDay commericals, but one that caught my eye was the commercial from Hooters: They were trying to say that taking your special someone to Hooters was a good Valentines Day gift. Huh? The ad was on ESPN, so its a mostly male audience, so I'm not sure what they were trying to prove. The old saying, Men don't go to Hooters for their wings holds very true. Men go to Hooters to stare at the women while they eat. So how would taking your girlfriend/date/wife to Hooters seem like a remotely good idea? Even if it was being advertised on a show such as the View, which has mostly a female audience, do the marketing people for Hooters REALLY think that women are gonna go: Ya know, that seems like a good idea. Psh. Maybe they're hoping for a big lesbian VDay crowd push.... (PS- I never really looked at it, but the Owl in the Hooters logo has a really dirty smile on its face)

Next, very quicky, clearly Walmart REALLY doesn't give a crap about the customer service. I mean, ITS REALLY BAD. It makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Plus, Priyam and I usually go to say Walmart then a relatively new supermarket chain called Sunflower Market, which is so bright and the employees go out of their way to help you, so it makes the comparison even worse.
------
Now, its time for the People I Love to Hate's weekly addition: JUSTIN BEIBER

When I first heard of some kid internet sensation who was starting to get pretty popular, I wrote it off to a 15 minutes of fame type of deal. Unfortunately for me and the rest of the world, Usher saw the Youtube videos, and immediately brought the kid into his home and signed him to a deal. Now, Usher grew from a child star of sorts, so he knows all about getting the dumb teen girl crowd. Its where the money is. Period. I don't have a problem with that, because there are plenty of teen girl crush type characters out there. But the PROBLEM IS that Beiber is becoming some sort of global sensation. His music is weak at best, repetitive, and frankly just plan pathetic. However, people are calling him the best pop artist since sliced bread. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He's horrible. Not to mention he has some stupid movie about his rise to fame coming out called Never Say Never, so he's going on all these talk shows and other nonsense, and people treat him like this amazing person. JUST STOP! Hey Beiber, Never Say Never? You've been listed.
(I would put up a picture of him, but I don't want to hurl everytime I look at my blog)
------

As an aside, my wife and I started watching Bollywood movie My Name is Khan, with SRK and Kajol, but it was too late so we couldnt get too far into it, so more on that tomorrow or Wednesday when we finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment