Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cricket in Canada?

So the cricket world cup has begun, and the wifey spent her first night awake, from 2 am to 10 am. The one thing I was amazed of is the fact that she didn't sleep at all on Saturday during the day. If I stayed up all night, I would have passed out after the match was over, but not her. She slept at night when I did, even though during dinner her eyes could not stay up, which was quite cute.

The cricket has, to be honest, been pretty mediocre so far. Sri Lanka vs Canada? Seriously? I mean its been two days technically, but damn. Canada is a waste of a cricket side. I would think that if the USA and Canada actually tried to train the serious athletes in their countries for cricket, they could crush some of these other nations, I mean, if they can throw a baseball at 101 mph, they could do this. But, cricket is not well known. ACTUALLY, cricket is a sport that if you asked a random American, I bet you they probably have never even heard of it. Thats no good. Its an interesting game, and certainly if people watch baseball, they would watch cricket if they were taught the rules.

But, thats something that will never happen sadly.

On another note, I get to spend two hours at the dentist today, SOOO EXCITED. Not sure you can really type sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment