Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Scorpion and the Frog

Alas, the end of the weekend comes, and another weekend will soon be gone. Today was rather mellow. The wife and I went out and did a little shopping in the afternoon, and I did some laundry. Nothing fancy.

This evening, before watching The Next Iron Chef, I watched Drive with Ryan Gosling. I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very cool and the cinematography was excellent. Ryan Gosling exudes cool, and this movie was him in spades. The only negative was Carey Mulligan. I first saw her in the Wallstreet: Money Never Sleeps and i didn't like her there either. Something about her acting style. She has this very always sad looking face, and has a very minimal acting style. I always have issues with actors who think sitting around and pouting is good acting, and the same applies here. However, the movie was so good that Mulligan's iffy performance could not ruin for me. On Netflix, I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars.

As for the Next Iron Chef, its pretty obvious that they want a female iron chef. However, Anne Burrell who I thought they had fast tracked for the job, actually was eliminated tonight. SOOOO we'll see. However, more on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment