Monday, December 12, 2011

High and Low Notes


I've been listen to a bunch of music via Spotify at work to make the day go faster while designing email blasts, and Foster the People is a band that I've been particularly enjoying. Something about the beat or whatever makes me work better and faster. Who knows. But I thought I would share it on my blog, so enjoy.

Other than that, part 2 of Bag of Bones is tonight, which means we'll miss our How I Met Your Mother and *cough Gossip Girl cough*. Last night was excellent, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought i would for a made for TV movie. The cinematography was a bit strange at times, making it seem like it was a commercial for some medication with Pierce Brosnan running through a field, but overall it was good.

ALSO, as I have noticed I haven't added to to my people I love to hate list in a while, so here it goes:

Today's victim is: Manchester United and its fans

Now I've been meaning to add them for a long time, I just have never gotten around to it. Where do I begin. Well, I must first say that I'm not a huge fan of any of the EPL teams. I really like Liverpool and I enjoy watching Manchester City on TV, but wouldn't call myself a supporter. But the biggest thing is I root for however Manchester Utd is playing and hope they beat them. Why? Because they've won enough in the last few years thank you. Also, they have a team that is overconfident and way too cocky. If they tie or lose to anyone (Premier League or otherwise) the next day you'll see in the papers that Sir Alex Ferguson complained about the ref or Patrice Evra felt players were being racist towards him or Rio Ferdinand saying that the other team only won because they played dirty. Honestly, its because they're overrated. I look at their squad and see 2 or 3 genuine superstars and they scrape by with wins on most occasions. And its come back to haunt them with getting dumped out the of Champions League to the lads of FC Basle (not only did they knock out these idiots but they're Swiss! two thumbs up!) and were beaten in the League Cup to Crystal Palace. 

But really I think the main reason I dislike them this much is there bandwagon fans. People from around the world love Utd. Why? Because they win so much. I guarantee if this team were in the bottom half of the table and were not major players in any competition, most of their fans would jump ship. YET, those very same fans will profess the love for the club and make fun of EVERYONE else who doesn't like the team. Its an absolute disgrace. So, to all of you who consider yourselves Red Devils, you've been listed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment