Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hang 'Em High

Listening to some Dropkick Murphys today at work, I came to the realization that I really don't listen to enough music. In high school I listening a lot of music, spent my allowance on tons of CDs (of all types too, including classical!), and went to concerts when I could afford it. In fact, some of my best memories from my time in Zurich was going to the Hallenstadion for random bands like the Offspring. Now, I don't even have a working MP3 player that I can call my own.

Sad times indeed.

 I'm a bit unimpressed with some of the apps that have music for my phone. Pandora is like a radio station, which is fine sometimes except when I want a particular song. Spotify is nice for a free music app, but to use it on my phone I would have to pay $9.99 a month for the service (which is too much for a service that doesnt allow you to add songs to you library but into playlists instead). Plus, I haven't figured out how to add songs to my Android Incredible that's easy enough to which I know I would actually use it.

Needless to say, these obstacles (plus my fascination with ESPN Radio with Mike and Mike in the Morning) mean my music tastes are not really expanding with new artists, just sticking to my old favorites (hence Dropkick Murphys)

Oh well, whats a guy to do...

In other news, today I think I'm going to buy a few T-Shirts from this brilliant site called Threadless.com. They have some awesome t-shirt designs. I first noticed the website a while ago, but the shirts were $20 each, which is a joke. I would never get a t-shirt for 20 bleeding dollars. BUT, the last two days they have had a sale that each t-shirt is just $9.99. Now that is something I can take part in. After asking the wife all-cute-types last night, I can look into getting one or two shirts. Pretty stoked about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment