Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dark Knight Rises?

So I'm a big Dark Knight (well Batman in general) fan. Always have been, always will be. I mean, I loved Batman Forever with Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne and Jim Carrey as the Riddler. It was one of the first movies (then on VHS) that I bought with my own money. I still read the comics and even have Batman: Arkham Asylum for my XBOX 360. So when the teaser trailer came out at the Harry Potter premier, I was pretty excited how Christopher Nolan would whip up some new baddies. Lets face it, after The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger and then another Topher approved fan favorite Inception, he has some big expectations for me. I quite liked the teaser (for what little there was of it)

So, when I saw a much clearer picture of famous Batman villain Bane, I wasn't sure what to think:

He's played by Tom Hardy, who I thought was brilliant in Inception. We'll see, I'm not going to reserve judgement until I see a proper trailer for the movie, rather than some photos taken by someone trying to leak things online. The costume doesn't excite me, but Nolan is quite good about keep things up his sleeve, so we'll see.

In the meantime, I saw Captain America today, which was absolutely great. Two of my favorite types of movies combined: WW2 movie mixed with superhero action. Just right for a Sunday. Very excited about the Avengers movie for next summer as well, which looks like it will be fantastic.

Next summer is looking like it will turn out to be a wonderful movie summer, so cheers to that.

Enchiladas for dinner, which I'm super excited for. Wife is the best. Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment