Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chak De India, Santa Fe and strange phrases

Wow. Its been a long time since I posted on my blog. APOLOGIES. What has happened since I posted last? What hasn't happened is the real question. My parents came to visit and despite my biggest worries and fears, nothing bad happened. IN FACT, Priyam and my dad have a great relationship which makes me happy. While my parents were here, Priyam and i went to Santa Fe to visit the historic city (second oldest in the US btw) and we decided to try and do a lot more fun stuff during the weekends. And so we have.

But more importantly India won the 2011 Cricket World Cup. For a better description of events, by someone much better equiped to discuss such issues, click here.

I have to say, watching my wife's ebbs and flows of emotions can certainly be taxing, but alls well that ends well. When Sachinky saw Sachin get out and Sehwag getting out for 0 runs before him, she was not too pleased (to put it mildly), but they were saved in the end. Alls well that ends well.

Just as an aside, any one where the American phrase " Its aways away" came from? Aways being something like "Its not too far away". I said it to the wifey earlier today, and she looked at me like I started speaking latin. Maybe I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment