Monday, April 18, 2011

The Pains of a Monday

Ever have those days where you just don't want to get up in the morning? I'm not talking about general "i dont want to go to work types" I'm talking, "I want to sleep the rest of this month, screw the world" types.

Yeah, I had one of those today. Woke up at 6 am to wake up the wife, then went back to sleep, woke up a 7 am to "take a shower" and by brain goes, "Who needs to shower". I never work well without showering first thing in the morning. It wakes me up, and gets me ready for the day. So whenever i say, who needs to shower, its never a good sign.

But, despite my body putting up a fight, I showered and shaved and was to work on time. Luckily I can leave a little early today since I worked all day in Santa Fe on Saturday. Naptime for me!

But, after a bit of a break, I formally welcome the return of:


This week's listed victim: Overconfident Youngsters

What exactly do I mean? I'm talking about twofold: Young kids, younger even than high school age, who think they are smarter, cooler, and know more about life than adults. I think because more parents don't smack their kids when they get out of line, they get this overconfident sense of self and think that they can do whatever they want without a problem. Honestly, I really want to punch kids in the face when they act like that.

The second is high school or college age kids who are trying to prove themselves and pretend to be smarter than they are. My boss' son is like that. He has some good ideas sure, sometimes he bosses me around like I'm some peasant slave and he is the kick of the castle. Then when I ask my ACTUAL boss about it, he kinda just shrugs it off like, "eh, I don't listen to him half the time, why do you?" That really pisses me off, because its not like I can do anything about it, it's the bosses son!
-------------------

Feel free to comment if you love to hate that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment