Thursday, September 8, 2011

Put Me in Coach!

Today, finally, after months and months of complaining about the weather, its started to get cooler in Albuquerque. It was decent earlier in the day, so hopefully the cold comes sooner rather than later. Albuquerque's weather is strange, because just as I say this, it might be 95 degrees outside tomorrow and be hotter than hell. So who knows. Here's to hoping.

In other news, all the best sports are getting underway once again. I've been watching soccer on my computer (English Premier League mainly) which has been awesome. Whenever I tweet about matches on Twitter, I get asked what team to I support. Honestly, I've been following Arsenal quite a bit lately, but I haven't historically had a favorite English team. I just love the drama of it all. Also excited about my first amateur soccer match this weekend. As an update, I joined a soccer team recently who I've been practicing with, and its been really good to go out there and play again competitively after so long. Our team is marginal, with maybe 3 or 4 players (including myself of course) having real talent, but its fun to just get out there. Plus the exercise always helps.

In addition, the NFL starts up again tonight (with college football already underway last weekend). Its amazing how football crazed the USA is. Listening to ESPN on my way to work, it seems like for the past 4 weeks, that is all anyone on the radio has been talking about. I like football, but I prefer soccer (mainly because I play it and watched a lot more of it in high school). I do follow college football quite a bit more because of the University of Michigan. My dad probably would let me hear it if I didn't.

Anyway, the great thing about having a strong and fast laptop is that I can watch a show my wife wants to watch (Project Runway) while using my computer to keep an eye on sports (the NFL game tonight). Its a wonderful way to make sure the wifey is happy without bugging her with sports she gets annoyed by. Win-win.
---
I'll finish this blog post with a great article about a poor Swedish moose. Enjoy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14842999

No comments:

Post a Comment