Thursday, September 15, 2011

Its All About the Little Things

There are so many little things that I have noticed this week that I find strange, bad, weird, etc. Things that, I would image, happen all the time that people don't really notice or comment on. Frankly, I would fall into that category as well. There are tons of things that I overlook on a day-to-day basis that, upon further inspection, are noteworthy. FOR EXAMPLE:

- People use the internet's forums to comment and chat about everything from politics to sports to movies. BUT,  there are plenty of people who are mean, evil and just plain hurtful on many message boards. Those people have every right to their opinion, but what I find fascinating are those people that express their opinion in odd ways. The new FIFA 12 soccer video game for XBOX 360 is coming out at the end of the month, and the video game's creators are slowly releasing information on changes and updates they've made to the game since last year's release: FIFA 11. The FIFA soccer series has a massive following, almost cult-like, so each release of information is well-conversed. What I don't understand, and its something that I've overlooked in the past, is when people say comments like, "THIS GAME SUCKS SOOOO MUCH". Now, I can understand someone disliking the series, but they are commenting on released information months away from the actual game's reveal. The actual comment I read came from a post in July, when the game is to be released in September. You've never even played the game, let alone seen what it will look like in terms of graphics, gameplay, or style. The stupidity of said people is astounding. If you hate it so much, why are you on a blog writing about all things concerning the new video game? Hoping that it will come out with some news the game isn't getting released this year? AGAIN, its all about the little things. Doesn't make the least bit of sense.

- When people talk to someone in a heated discussion on the phone, plenty of people use hand gestures while talking. Clearly the person on the line with you can't see you use your hand gestures. That is odd, sure, but flipping them the middle finger? I understand clearly, your frustrated at the person on the phone, but using the middle finger at them only pisses off anyone who sees you on the phone. There are plenty of times when I clench my fists or stomp my feet while in an phone argument, because I'm frustrated with the way a phone call might be going (or just don't like the person on the other end of the line), but obscene hand gestures don't make any sense. I would bet that if you spoke to someone who did said hand gesture after the call, most probably wouldn't be able to tell you why they did it or maybe even that they use the gesture at all. Verrry odd.


Anyway, just some observations today that I felt like sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment