Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's Been A While...

Wow, it's been almost a month since I last wrote on my blog. Not sure really why I haven't written on it till now. I had plenty of time last week, given everything (psh) but now I'm writing on it again, SO THERE. Priyam went off to India to visit the in-laws so I'm here in ABQ by myself. It's been a little more than a week, and I'm bored out of my mind at this point. Wifey said to me today: You need a hobby. It's funny that she mentions it, because if I think about it, it's been a really long time since I had an honest-to-goodness hobby. I play video games, read comics, and watch movies, but none of that is really a hobby. I'll have to think about a hobby for myself this week. I've been reading Next by Michael Crichton and its probably going to be the first book I've finished in quite sometime. It's pretty good, but it's been pretty slow going, but it's starting to get good now.

This past week, because I was sooo bored (it's amazing how pathetic my life is without Priyam around....no seriously) that I started a LOST marathon, watching every episode from every season). I've been taking some breaks, reading and watching some other things, so I guess you can't really call it a marathon, but you get the idea. I REALLY miss that show. It's funny, because I'm just starting season 3, and seasons 1 and 2 are absolutely outstanding in all aspects (casting, script, plot) and it makes me happy and disappointed at the same time. Happy because of just how good this show was, and upset because of how bad the last season was. I mean, the show went downhill. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again. When a show is THAT amazing for so many seasons, you have to really deliver with the final season, otherwise no one is going to be happy. Its almost like American Idol. If you belt out a huge performance in your audition and are mediocre thereafter but never live up to that audition, guaranteed you won't win. It's all about expectations.

Regardless, I will continue on my Lost marathon (probably even restart it once Priyam gets back, seasons one and two are that good) and continue watching the mayhem.

With that being said, let's return to:

This week's victim: Kate Austen from LOST (played by Evangeline Lilly)

Now, there are plenty of characters from this show that I can list, because frankly, it's pretty easy, but Kate was, by far, the worst. I'm pretty sure the producers told the writers "Listen, you have a lot of strong characters here, but you need to add a complicated love interest in to this show, because thats the only way we'll get the female audience." The PROBLEM with that is when you have such an amazing cast of well written and well cast main characters around her, SHE LOOKS EVEN WORSE. Now I'm not listing Evangeline Lilly because I haven't personally seen her act in anything else and I'm pretty convinced the producers threw her in and it's the writing of that character that's bad. I never saw the point to her character, end of story. Sorry Ms. Austen, you've been listed.
-----
Well, that's all for today, I'll write again tomorrow. Probably off to bed soon, I'm tired from doing nothing all day. Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment